Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Liquid detected in lightning connector

I was washing dishes earlier and I think a tiny bit of water splashed on my phone. I went to charge and it said I had liquid detected. I let it sit and it still said the same. I force restarted my phone and now it is charging just fine with no pop ups. Is my phone alright or should I take the charger out and keep waiting. I don’t want to unknowingly damage my phone further but I feel like it could’ve been a glitch seeing as it it charging perfectly fine now.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 12:34 AM

It can happen without explanation. There is an override choice on that message from what I remember.

If the phone is now working properly and the message has gone then assume all is OK.

Needless to say the daily automatic backup using iCloud Backup is still recommended, or even a weekly backup to a computer, even if there were no risk of failure.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 12:34 AM in response to Lisa_needhelp

It can happen without explanation. There is an override choice on that message from what I remember.

If the phone is now working properly and the message has gone then assume all is OK.

Needless to say the daily automatic backup using iCloud Backup is still recommended, or even a weekly backup to a computer, even if there were no risk of failure.

Liquid detected in lightning connector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.