Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K and the HDCP issue

I’m sure this issue has come up and the previous answer was to do a purchase of some other piece of equipment to use the Apple TV 4K HDCP issue. That can’t be true so what is the fix for this annoying error. My unit is connected directly to the tv so I don’t understand the problem. Plz advise.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:11 AM

could be an issue with

1. the cable
  2. the tv
  3. the connector of the tv
  4. the connector of the appletv

I would try another cable

then I would try another hdmi port on the tv

then I would try testing with another tv

to troubleshooting to root out where the issue was located

4 replies

Aug 1, 2021 9:07 AM in response to Brio5280

HDCP issue

Please describe your issue. Do you get an error message? What does it say?

Does it happen for specific content or app, or across all services?

Modern TVs should all support HDCP. See your TV manual or specification on HDCP support.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Users are encouraged to keep their devices up-to-date. tvOS 14.7 is the current version system software. Software updates are how issues gets fixed. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Aug 1, 2021 2:23 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Purchased the Apple TV sans pluges it in updated all my subscriptions and on some channels like Sling TV it’s fine. HBO, Disney no go and the system same to connect the tv and device directly l, done that, off on, yep. Change tv’s, why this one is fine old one works fine on several tv’s in the house and it works with the new tv at the office. It won’t play protected content it says

Apple TV 4K and the HDCP issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.