Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop spam texts on my phone

Is there a way for me to stop spam texts/email on my iphone?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 9:11 PM

You cannot completely stop spam text messages. You can block the sender however the sender of spam texts will just use another spoofed number to send text messages from.

There is an effective option that does not stop the incoming spam texts AND however files them in a separate tab. The bad news is that this will also file texts from ALL UNKNOWN SENDERS (senders who are not in your contacts) in that separate tab as well. You can activate this feature by opening Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON. Once this is set then messages from Unknown Senders will be filed under a separate tab in the Messages app.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 9:11 PM in response to gwenwash99

You cannot completely stop spam text messages. You can block the sender however the sender of spam texts will just use another spoofed number to send text messages from.

There is an effective option that does not stop the incoming spam texts AND however files them in a separate tab. The bad news is that this will also file texts from ALL UNKNOWN SENDERS (senders who are not in your contacts) in that separate tab as well. You can activate this feature by opening Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON. Once this is set then messages from Unknown Senders will be filed under a separate tab in the Messages app.

Axel F.

How do I stop spam texts on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.