Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit a number after pasting it on the dial page

Hi ….

I want to cut and paste a phone number but wants to edit it before dialing … I can paste … but can I edit ???!!!

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 11:47 AM

Thanks Axel

the need here is to add at the beginning of the number … to add the country code or the 0 for a mobile … in Android you can do it even in the middle of the number…. Apple we need this pls.

3 replies

Aug 1, 2021 10:47 AM in response to feras290

This is a good question. Yes you can paste the number on the Keypad screen. Yes you can also edit the number by either using the X button (located to the right of the dial button) OR you can Swipe Left or Right on the number to edit.

There are, however, some restrictions to how you can edit an entered phone number. You can only edit the number from the end. You cannot insert your cursor in the middle of the phone number to edit the number(s). Of course, you can always add digits to the end of the number.

Axel F.

Edit a number after pasting it on the dial page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.