Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone pasted phone numbers

Hi

when I paste a copied link phone number into the keypad, 835 gets added to the beginning.

if I try dialling it tells me the number is not recognised.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on May 17, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:44 AM

It turns out I was pressing for too long on the phone number link.

when I selected copy link it included tel which came up on the keypad as 835 as the number equivalent on the keypad.

now I know to just tap the link and the phone gives me the option to dial it or not.

so well done Apple Support. They were very good and sorted it for me

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 7:44 AM in response to christopherfromstanmore

It turns out I was pressing for too long on the phone number link.

when I selected copy link it included tel which came up on the keypad as 835 as the number equivalent on the keypad.

now I know to just tap the link and the phone gives me the option to dial it or not.

so well done Apple Support. They were very good and sorted it for me

May 18, 2022 7:26 AM in response to christopherfromstanmore

Hi christopherfromstanmore,

If you'd like help with making a phone call on your iPhone, these steps might help.

Does this happen with all phone numbers when you copy and paste them or just this one? If it's all phone numbers, are the digits "835" significant to you in some way?

If it's just one phone number, what happens when you use the keypad and enter the number without using the copy and paste function and without the extra digits? Do the "835" digits enter automatically again?

There's more information in Make a call on iPhone if you should have any questions. If the issue remains, let the community know the answers to the above troubleshooting tests.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

May 18, 2022 11:08 AM in response to christopherfromstanmore

Thanks for those details, christopherfromstanmore.

Is your iPhone updated to iOS 15.5? If not, do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are unable to update or restore, please follow the steps listed here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

May 18, 2022 10:46 AM in response to Alex_Han

When to get a phone number from a website, the option is often ‘copy link’. Whenever I do this and paste it into the phone keypad I get 835 added.

if I type the number myself it doesn’t happen.

also a straight copy of the numbers does not have the 835 added or if when pressed the option to phone that number pops up. So only happens to any number where the copy link pops up.

May 19, 2022 1:17 PM in response to christopherfromstanmore

christopherfromstanmore wrote:

When to get a phone number from a website, the option is often ‘copy link’. Whenever I do this and paste it into the phone keypad I get 835 added.
if I type the number myself it doesn’t happen.
also a straight copy of the numbers does not have the 835 added or if when pressed the option to phone that number pops up. So only happens to any number where the copy link pops up.

Then “copy link” on the website is adding the 835. As 835 is neither a valid area code nor country code the link on the site is broken.

iPhone pasted phone numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.