Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can't Sign-in with my Apple ID on Apple TV app running on Google TV

I recently bought a Sony Bravia TV with the Google TV operating system. I have downloaded the Apple TV app onto the TV. When I try to sign in with my Apple ID I get this error message: "Verification Failed. There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again later".

I've tried again multiple times, over multiple days, and get the same result. Other apps on Google TV work fine, like Starz and Peacock. I have deleted the Apple TV app and reinstalled it. I have checked that I am running the latest versions. No matter what I do I get the same result. I have an older version of the Apple TV hardware that works fine. I have also been able to log in with my Apple ID on Apple TV app on my mac, so I know my apple ID and password are good. I want the Apple TV app to run on my Google TV. What can I do to fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 11:18 AM

Erin_B11,

Thank you for the reply. I tried your suggestions but none of them worked. However, while browsing the Q&A section for my model TV on the Sony site I found the below information. I had to follow all of the steps, including turning Airplay on, before it finally let me log-in with my Apple ID. It turns out it was a Sony TV detail that was preventing Apple TV from working. See the screen shot below.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 11:18 AM in response to Erin_B11

Erin_B11,

Thank you for the reply. I tried your suggestions but none of them worked. However, while browsing the Q&A section for my model TV on the Sony site I found the below information. I had to follow all of the steps, including turning Airplay on, before it finally let me log-in with my Apple ID. It turns out it was a Sony TV detail that was preventing Apple TV from working. See the screen shot below.

Aug 2, 2021 9:34 AM in response to Roger Valeri

Hello Roger Valeri,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're receiving an error when signing in to the Apple TV app on your Sony TV, and restarting the devices, reinstalling the app, and checking for updates didn't resolve the issue. We appreciate the time you've spent on this issue already, and we'd like to help get you pointed in the right direction from here.

If you haven't yet, we recommend taking any remaining steps in the section "If you need help" here:

Get the Apple TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console

Particularly, check to see if the Apple TV app is available in your region, and check to see if the app is supported on the device you're using.

If this concern isn't resolved after taking the steps above, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

I Can't Sign-in with my Apple ID on Apple TV app running on Google TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.