Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 wifi issue

ever since updating to iOS 14 I have been having some serious problems with the wifi connectivity. It works near the router but when I go upstairs it loses connection. The other iPads in the house that aren’t updated to iOS 14 are not affected. There’s been some updated version of iOS 14 yet this issue hasn’t been fixed. This type of thing is frustrating and can drive people away from apple products, my girlfriend is already talking about it. I have 10 GBs on my plan and it is nearly maxed out due to this problem. IMHO this is unacceptable

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:41 PM

Wifi-issue Said:

"iOS 14 wifi issue: This doesn’t fix the issue. Previously i stated that it works near the router and doesn’t in the upstairs bedroom.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting the Network Connection:

A few thoughts to try:

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Reconnect to your Network:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Wi-Fi
  3. Disable: Wi-Fi
  4. Wait: 30 seconds
  5. Enable: Wi-Fi

IV. Add Back the Network:

3. Remove: the network
  5. Add: the network back
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 8:41 PM in response to Wifi-issue

Wifi-issue Said:

"iOS 14 wifi issue: This doesn’t fix the issue. Previously i stated that it works near the router and doesn’t in the upstairs bedroom.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting the Network Connection:

A few thoughts to try:

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Reconnect to your Network:

3. Disable: Wi-Fi
  5. Enable: Wi-Fi

IV. Add Back the Network:

3. Remove: the network
  5. Add: the network back

Aug 1, 2021 8:15 PM in response to TheLittles

This doesn’t fix the issue. Previously i stated that it works near the router and doesn’t in the upstairs bedroom. It isn’t the provider because my children’s iPad which are still under iOS13 work perfectly. This is an iOS 14 issue. This needs to be fixed as I know for a fact I am not the only one. I am a lifetime apple user and this is a slap to the face of myself and others who support their products. To expect us to just deal with this is absolutely inexcusable. FIX THIS

iOS 14 wifi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.