Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi not connecting since update on iPad 6 to ios 15

I have had a problem with my iPad 6th generation connecting to wifi since the update to ios 15. It connects in some coffee shops but never in any of the Starbucks coffee shops. I've tried all the usual fixes, a hard reboot, resetting network settings etc. Nothing works. I see this problem is not just with iPads since the update.

So how long before an update fixing this problem?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 2:30 PM

Hi Renegade989, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you started experiencing issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks since you installed iPadOS 15.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Are you receiving an error message when attempting to connect to Wi-Fi network?

Since the examples that you've provided are Wi-Fi networks from coffee shops, do you have the coffee shop's password?

Do you get the coffee shop's landing page that usually displays the coffee shop's terms of use for their network?

In the meantime, we recommend that you update your device to iPadOS 15.1 if you haven't.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iPadOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 2:30 PM in response to Renegade989

Hi Renegade989, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you started experiencing issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks since you installed iPadOS 15.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Are you receiving an error message when attempting to connect to Wi-Fi network?

Since the examples that you've provided are Wi-Fi networks from coffee shops, do you have the coffee shop's password?

Do you get the coffee shop's landing page that usually displays the coffee shop's terms of use for their network?

In the meantime, we recommend that you update your device to iPadOS 15.1 if you haven't.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iPadOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Nov 5, 2021 12:30 PM in response to kamote0628

Hi kamote0628,

sorry, no the problem with my iPad WiFi has not been solved yet.

The error message is saying, 'no internet connection' and it will connect and then disconnect. I thought at first it was only happening at Starbucks, but then it happens at home and everywhere else as well. I recently did the ios15.1 update and thought maybe there was fix in that update, but no.

At Starbucks, I also had a friend to say to try connecting through the Safari browser, which I tried and then it connected, but a few days later, it would not connect again and the same thing here at home. I also had problems doing the update because it would disconnect.

This wife problem started after the update to ios15 and after the update to 15.1 is still there.

Thanks you,

Renegade989

Wifi not connecting since update on iPad 6 to ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.