Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect Canon G 2020 printer to my Mac

Recently bought a printer Canon G2020 that is compatible with my Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6. The software for setting up the computer was downloaded from the Canon website, but my Mac refuses to recognize the pinter or its software. Simply cannot connect.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 7:59 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2021 7:15 AM in response to Krishnarajfrombangalore

Hello,

Yes, the specifications appear to confirm that it should work with macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

https://asia.canon/en/consumer/pixma-g2020/brochure

Interesting to note is that the Canon G2020 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support (under USB-only devices) as a model that does not require the installation of additional drivers.

Aug 1, 2021 8:30 PM in response to Krishnarajfrombangalore

Krishnarajfrombangalore Said:

"Unable to connect Canon G 2020 printer to my Mac: Recently bought a printer Canon G2020 that is compatible with my Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6. The software for setting up the computer was downloaded from the Canon website, but my Mac refuses to recognize the pinter or its software. Simply cannot connect. "

-------

Reset the Printing System:

I had the same issue with my Epson Eco Tank Printers - Reseting the Printing System fixed it, as the drivers were installed in an instant. Use these Drivers: PIXMA G2200 - Canon. Always get the drivers from the manufacturer, as getting the elsewhere may result in malware or spyware installed on your computer.

So, Reset the Printing System, and then install with the above drivers.

1. Go To: System Preferences
  2. Select: Printers & Scanners
  3. Right-Click: on this pinter
  4. Select: Reset printing system...
  5. Click: Reset button

Unable to connect Canon G 2020 printer to my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.