Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing up in messages info

I used to be able to click on any message thread and then click “info” and then scroll down to see all the photos and videos that have been sent between the contact and I, but now this feature has been removed from all of my messages. When I go into setting and storage, the images and videos still show up as taking up space under my message app, however there is no way for me to access and view the photos through the message app under each individual conversation. I’m just so confused on why this feature was removed, and how I can access the photos/videos that have have been texted to me throughout the years

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 3:08 PM

Hi rachelgrimes38,

We see you're having issues with locating photos sent to you by a contact in Messages. We'd like to see if we can help out.

When you tap on the info (i) button for a Contact in a Messages thread, are you currently seeing anything below the 'Hide Alerts' and 'Send Read Receipts' options? Below those options it should show sections for Photos, Links.

If you're utilizing iCloud for Photos/Messages, you may see a 'Download' button at the bottom of this info pane, to help the content show up again. Be sure to also ensure you have a decent amount of storage available (Settings > General > iPhone Storage).

Some other things to check would be to check if iOS is updated, to ensure you have all available improvements. The latest version at the moment is iOS 14.5.1: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sometimes when encountering odd issues, they may be resolved by a quick restart: Restart your iPhone

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 3:08 PM in response to rachelgrimes38

Hi rachelgrimes38,

We see you're having issues with locating photos sent to you by a contact in Messages. We'd like to see if we can help out.

When you tap on the info (i) button for a Contact in a Messages thread, are you currently seeing anything below the 'Hide Alerts' and 'Send Read Receipts' options? Below those options it should show sections for Photos, Links.

If you're utilizing iCloud for Photos/Messages, you may see a 'Download' button at the bottom of this info pane, to help the content show up again. Be sure to also ensure you have a decent amount of storage available (Settings > General > iPhone Storage).

Some other things to check would be to check if iOS is updated, to ensure you have all available improvements. The latest version at the moment is iOS 14.5.1: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sometimes when encountering odd issues, they may be resolved by a quick restart: Restart your iPhone

Take care.

Photos not showing up in messages info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.