Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone(10s) Backup size is more than the phone Storage size

Hi team

I ran into a weird issue where iPhone Backup size(71gig) is more than the phone Storage size(64gig). unfortunately I did not took iCloud backup. Can someone help me to fix this issue

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 11:42 PM

It can never be. Probably you are seeing the backup of another device.

You only have one backup for a device, unless you have taken an archive of the previous backups on iTunes. Every time you take a backup the data is overwritten (Added/Deleted) based on the data on the iPhone. This is true for both iCloud and iTunes.

In other words, your backup size (Archived or Current) is always less than or equal to your device storage capacity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 11:42 PM in response to Manudevmanu

It can never be. Probably you are seeing the backup of another device.

You only have one backup for a device, unless you have taken an archive of the previous backups on iTunes. Every time you take a backup the data is overwritten (Added/Deleted) based on the data on the iPhone. This is true for both iCloud and iTunes.

In other words, your backup size (Archived or Current) is always less than or equal to your device storage capacity.

Iphone(10s) Backup size is more than the phone Storage size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.