Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually added workout but not synchronized with rings

Good morning,

I recently needed to add a workout manually. I regularly used health app. This time, however, it didn’t add the workout to the fitness app and my rings didn’t close.

I followed the known procedure as usual and it always worked… but not this time: any clue or suggestions?

many thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:31 AM

Ok, Let’s call it “self-help”…

I found out that it is not possible to include workouts by the health app once the day is past. Then…

… if you want to include a workout for past days, just go to settings-date and hour and disable “auto” date-hour setting.

Then set the desired date, wait for a while that iPhone re-align to the new date and then manually insert (finally) the workout using the health app.

You may need to restart either iPhone and/or Apple Watch to conclude information pairing (not always necessary). You will then see ring updated too.

Once completed, you can re-activate auto hour/date and… that’s all.

Hope this could help other guys struggling with these strange software restrictions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Kandium

Ok, Let’s call it “self-help”…

I found out that it is not possible to include workouts by the health app once the day is past. Then…

… if you want to include a workout for past days, just go to settings-date and hour and disable “auto” date-hour setting.

Then set the desired date, wait for a while that iPhone re-align to the new date and then manually insert (finally) the workout using the health app.

You may need to restart either iPhone and/or Apple Watch to conclude information pairing (not always necessary). You will then see ring updated too.

Once completed, you can re-activate auto hour/date and… that’s all.

Hope this could help other guys struggling with these strange software restrictions.

Manually added workout but not synchronized with rings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.