Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strava to Apple Fitnesses

For the past three years when I manually add a tread mill run in the Strava app it would automatically be added to Apple fitness and contribute to my ring progress. Two days ago however this stopped happening. I even tried Nike running app and nothing. It works fine when I record an outdoor run with either app. This is only a manually add workout. Does anyone know what would be stoping this? I don’t use indoor run on Apple because it is so inaccurate. Hence the reason I manually add the tread mill run. Thanks for any info.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 6:11 PM

13 replies

Mar 12, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Joshkimber12

Hello Joshkimber12,

It sounds as though you're manually adding workout data via third-party apps on your Apple Watch, and the manually entered data isn't syncing to the Activity and/or Fitness app as expected. Ensuring your workout data is syncing properly is important and you've come to a great place for help! As these are third-party applications it is possible that you may need to consult the application developers for additional support, before it leads there try the steps outlined in the following article. While the title of the article outlines a different issue, and the troubleshooting is specific to the apps on the iPhone, these steps can still be helpful.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won't open

In addition to those steps, you'll want to restart the Apple Watch using the steps listed below. 

Restart your Apple Watch

"Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.

Drag the Power Off slider.

After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo."

If you continue to have issues with the data from those apps syncing to the Activity and Fitness applications, you will want to contact the application developer. You can find their contact details via the steps below.

How to contact an app developer

"Open the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Search for the app, then tap it. If you can't find it, tap the account button  or your photo at the top of the screen, tap Purchased, tap "Not on this [device]," then tap the app.

The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then tap App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID."

Take care!

Mar 14, 2022 4:55 PM in response to Joshkimber12

Just throwing another one on the pile, Strava stopped syncing for me too. One synced just fine on 3/12/2022, and today (3/14/2022), all I see is fail, all around me.

Additionally agree that the above is generic troubleshooting advice dispensed without comprehending your issue. Boo.

Edit: Found this: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/03/strava-abruptly-ends-3rd-party-data-push-to-apple-health.html

Apparently at the same time they just default-unchecked "automatically send to health". I rechecked that and am waiting for sync....

Edit2: Yeah, had to force close and reopen, but it worked. I'm recording via the Strava app on my apple watch, FWIW.

Strava to Apple Fitnesses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.