Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

allow apps to request to track

hello, I can't allow apps to request to track, because there is an inscription below "this setting cannot be changed because a profile is restricting it or because your Apple ID is being managed, does not meet the minimum age requirements or is missing age information." I have the year 2000 entered, what should I do?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 4:32 AM

I have been having this problem also I tried what above said allow tracking on a app while not signed in then log back in and it still isn't working

13 replies

Sep 14, 2021 11:39 PM in response to tolcia

So I was able to fix it! What I did is logged out of my apple id from my phone and then checked if I could enable the feature, and I was able to, so I left the toggle on and tested it with and app and it worked. So then I logged back in with my apple id and works fine now

So steps

1. log out of apple id
  2. after logging out go to settings>privacy>app tracking and enable it (you should be able to do so now)
  3. test it with an app (go into an app and choose to track or not)
  4. log back into your apple id

Aug 3, 2021 6:57 AM in response to tolcia

Hello tolcia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your question to Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, it sounds like you're unable to turn on the “Allow Apps to Request to Track” setting. Is that correct?

If so, this can happen for a number of reasons. You mentioned that the birthday for your Apple ID is already set to over 18. The "Manage activity tracking permissions" section of If an app asks to track your activity has some additional information about this. If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days, this behavior would be expected.

Also, if you're using an Apple ID managed by educational institute, this would limit your ability to enable this feature. About Managed Apple IDs for education

If the scenarios above don't seem to fit your situation, then we'd recommend checking Settings > General for "Profiles & Device Management." If you're seeing this setting available on your device, that configuration profile is likely limiting tracking on the device.

Let us know if this information helps.

Regards.

allow apps to request to track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.