Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini personal requests keeps turning off

Hello. The people in the home app aren’t able to use personal requests with their HomePod. I’ve ensured that their iPhones have the latest iOS and that the HomePods have the latest OS but still nothing. I’ve tried factory resetting the HomePod and nothing.

HomePod mini

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 10:20 PM

Another thing, if the wifi is off like they’re in airplane mode, personal requests don’t work. They need to be on the same wifi network as HomePod. Have them also reset network settings on their phones in settings - General- reset.

If they got new phones/ devices (using this) since you set them up, delete them and invite again

Make Personal Requests on HomePod - Apple Support

• Checklist for all devices: learn how to set up Personal Requests, see Set up Personal Requests- See *Allow Siri When Locked *

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 10:20 PM in response to adem250

Another thing, if the wifi is off like they’re in airplane mode, personal requests don’t work. They need to be on the same wifi network as HomePod. Have them also reset network settings on their phones in settings - General- reset.

If they got new phones/ devices (using this) since you set them up, delete them and invite again

Make Personal Requests on HomePod - Apple Support

• Checklist for all devices: learn how to set up Personal Requests, see Set up Personal Requests- See *Allow Siri When Locked *

Aug 2, 2021 10:00 PM in response to adem250

So you’re seeing them turned off in the home app home settings?

Toggle the button (not a tap) to off then toggle it back on

Not sure what else to suggest. I’m not sharing with other people - for me being alone with it I’d go into the HomePod settings and sign out of my Apple ID there, then sign back in - making sure personal requests got turned on right after doing so. - If you can try that with each person for wherever it is they’re signing in. Or at least do it on yours.

Long press on the HomePod icon , scroll down to gear - Tap that - scroll to primary user - Apple ID

HomePod mini personal requests keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.