Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac 2020 - repaired with new logic board intel 10 core processor

Just had the iMac repaired new logic board due to issues since I bought it in Sep 2020, and I am having new issues and when restarting with pressing D button to run apple diagnostics in Big sur it simply ignored that and restarts to login screen - any idea why? Thanks v much.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 12:03 PM

Thanks that didn’t work either I worked it out I connected the keyboard to the Mac via the cable as the Bluetooth has a delay so doesn’t register the keys pressed on startup sometimes I think - I did think that option d was only for silicon macs and intel ones you just have to press d but tried both and didn’t work until I connected the keyboard to the Mac directly - so ran the diags now thank you for your reply.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 12:03 PM in response to den.thed

Thanks that didn’t work either I worked it out I connected the keyboard to the Mac via the cable as the Bluetooth has a delay so doesn’t register the keys pressed on startup sometimes I think - I did think that option d was only for silicon macs and intel ones you just have to press d but tried both and didn’t work until I connected the keyboard to the Mac directly - so ran the diags now thank you for your reply.

Imac 2020 - repaired with new logic board intel 10 core processor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.