Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iphone selecting random apps/buttons on its own and locking me out of my phone?

Why is my iphone selecting random apps/buttons on its own and locking me out of my phone?

My phone has been acting really strange. It's been randomly scrolling and selecting apps and clicking random keys when I try to message someone. Half of the time I can't even open my phone because it won't let me slide up to open it. The same would happen when I tried to restart it, it wouldn't let me slide the power off switch. I'm not sure if the touch screen is broken or if it's some type of virus.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 1:33 PM

It is your touch screen, the digitizer is failing. Click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page to start the service process.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.