Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K no longer working

I’ve had an Apple TV 4K for months working fine on an older HDTV (not smart). About two weeks ago nothing pops up. The unit does turn on and light flickers when I use remote but tv reads no signal. I haven’t changed a thing as far as connection cables. I tried it on a different older HDTV and I get the same results. I also tried it on a neighbors newer smart TV and it worked just fine. Has something changed in the last couple if weeks to make Apple TV 4Ks non compatible with older hdtv units?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 1:50 PM

Any TV that has an HDMI input should work. Your Apple V has a 1 year warranty so it should still be covered too. The easiest thing to try is to disconnect from power for 2-3 minutes, then plug it in and retest.

2 replies

Aug 4, 2021 4:28 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks but tried disconnecting and reconnecting after a few minutes and after a few days several times prior to post. It is working fine on newer smart TVs but doesn’t work on older hdtv where it had worked fine for months. I also tried connecting an older Apple TV unit to the older hdtv (same HDMI cable, same HDMI input) and it works fine. Bizarre!!!

Apple TV 4K no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.