Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Documents Storage Doesn't Add Up

According to iCloud, I have 1.31GB of Documents.

Looking at my iCloud Drive on my iPad, there simply isn't anything else there. I only have 10 documents. They are all small Pages documents, the largest being about 350KB. Where else could this 1.3GB worth of "Documents" be hiding? All of my IOS backups are local.

Where else do I look?

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:40 PM

According to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201656

• Documents & Data: Safari Offline Reading List, files stored within installed apps, and app content like contacts, calendars, messages, and emails (and their attachments).

4 replies

Aug 2, 2021 8:36 PM in response to Atari

Atari Said:

"iCloud Documents Storage Doesn't Add Up According to iCloud, I have 1.31GB of Documents. Looking at my iCloud Drive on my iPad, there simply isn't anything else there. I only have 10 documents. They are all small Pages documents, the largest being about 350KB. Where else could this 1.3GB worth of "Documents" be hiding? All of my IOS backups are local."

-------

Clear Space:

It may be caches of sorts getting in iCloud, so try clearing what is called "Other".

Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Apple Support Communities.

Aug 2, 2021 8:02 PM in response to Atari

Correct, I don't see a support document that details iCloud content categories, but they usually align fairly well. Based on some other research it looks like that could contain trash, email messages outside of iCloud access through an app, application data, and potential backup files. I'd log into iCloud.com and see if you have documents in trash or what else might be there.

If nothing else, a number of folks have been able to contact Apple support to have their reserve space (seems to be the issue) removed and the space freed. Those were in articles from 4-5 years ago. But, you could always try getsupport.apple.com

iCloud Documents Storage Doesn't Add Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.