Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark spots showing up on new iPad Pro (12.9 inch, 5th gen)

I’ve only had this iPad for a few months and periodically the dark spots shown in the picture appear on the screen. When they show up, I’m not able to get them to go away (full restart, pressing power button, etc doesn’t make them go away). Eventually they go away on their own. Any ideas on what the issue might be? The spots do not show up in screenshots, so maybe it’s a hardware issue?

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:33 PM

Hello ryne907,

Does this occur when you are charging only by chance? If so, I believe it could be an issue with magnetism effecting the screen.

Even if thats not the cause this is something you should seek help from Apple Support about as we can only make guesses. If purchased in the U.S. you are still covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty. Keep in mind this issue may not be covered and for an online initiated warranty claim you need to select to bring it to an Apple Retail Store or mail it in for service.

Legal - iOS Warranty Document Us - Apple (This for Jan, 26th - Now and for iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV).

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 8:33 PM in response to ryne907

Hello ryne907,

Does this occur when you are charging only by chance? If so, I believe it could be an issue with magnetism effecting the screen.

Even if thats not the cause this is something you should seek help from Apple Support about as we can only make guesses. If purchased in the U.S. you are still covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty. Keep in mind this issue may not be covered and for an online initiated warranty claim you need to select to bring it to an Apple Retail Store or mail it in for service.

Legal - iOS Warranty Document Us - Apple (This for Jan, 26th - Now and for iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV).

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Dark spots showing up on new iPad Pro (12.9 inch, 5th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.