Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove songs from ipod but keep in library

how do I remove songs from ipod but keep in library

iPod shuffle (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 9:42 PM

Hello bobble,

This is the User Guide for an iPod Shuffle 4th Gen. You may want to save the PDF or link for future reference. I will paste the section for removing songs for you.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1550/en_US/iPod_shuffle_2015_user_guide.pdf

"Remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle:

1. Connect iPod shuffl e to your computer.
  2. In iTunes, select iPod shuffle in the list of devices.
  3. In iTunes, click the device button to select iPod shuffle.
  4. Select a song or other item, then press the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard.
  • If you manually remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle, it isn’t deleted from your iTunes library."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 9:42 PM in response to bobble

Hello bobble,

This is the User Guide for an iPod Shuffle 4th Gen. You may want to save the PDF or link for future reference. I will paste the section for removing songs for you.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1550/en_US/iPod_shuffle_2015_user_guide.pdf

"Remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle:

1. Connect iPod shuffl e to your computer.
  2. In iTunes, select iPod shuffle in the list of devices.
  3. In iTunes, click the device button to select iPod shuffle.
  4. Select a song or other item, then press the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard.
  • If you manually remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle, it isn’t deleted from your iTunes library."

I hope this helps.

remove songs from ipod but keep in library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.