Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch

How do I delete music on my iPod touch but NOT delete from the library?

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 3:32 PM

If you have chosen the option to Sync Entire Library, (and have the other option to Sync only ticked songs and videos selected as well) the quickest (but a somewhat clumsy) method is to untick (uncheck) songs in your iTunes Library and then Sync the iPod with your library.

Alternatively, the neater method is to change your Sync options to Sync Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, which then gives you the option to add (or subsequently remove) items by using the lists mentioned above. As part of this method, note the option to create Playlists which you then use to sync everything in the playlists to the iPod. If you no longer want a particular song on the iPod, simply remove it from the Playlist.

You would not have to use the playlists on the iPod, they're simply the control method for adding them or removing them. You can still play by whichever menu option you prefer; i.e. albums, songs, artists or genres.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 3:32 PM in response to debbi272

If you have chosen the option to Sync Entire Library, (and have the other option to Sync only ticked songs and videos selected as well) the quickest (but a somewhat clumsy) method is to untick (uncheck) songs in your iTunes Library and then Sync the iPod with your library.

Alternatively, the neater method is to change your Sync options to Sync Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, which then gives you the option to add (or subsequently remove) items by using the lists mentioned above. As part of this method, note the option to create Playlists which you then use to sync everything in the playlists to the iPod. If you no longer want a particular song on the iPod, simply remove it from the Playlist.

You would not have to use the playlists on the iPod, they're simply the control method for adding them or removing them. You can still play by whichever menu option you prefer; i.e. albums, songs, artists or genres.

ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.