Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Voice Memo app in app store on imac

I want see some recordings on my iMac that I just made with the iPhone voice memo app. Spotlight search does not find it. It is no in the app folder and it doesn't show up with searching in the App Store on the iMac. My iPhone settings say iCloud sync for Voice Memos is on. Where are they??

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 3:38 PM

Voice Memos recorded on the Mac (Mojave and later) are mpeg4 audio (.m4a) files. I would hope that those recorded on an iPhone are also in .m4a format. If this is true, then QuickTime and iTunes 12.8.3 on High Sierra will play those Voice memo files. I recorded one on Big Sur and transferred it to my 2011 Mac mini running 10.13.6, and it played just fine in both applications.

Now, the trick is to get those Voice Memos from your iPhone onto macOS High Sierra.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 3:38 PM in response to eardrum

Voice Memos recorded on the Mac (Mojave and later) are mpeg4 audio (.m4a) files. I would hope that those recorded on an iPhone are also in .m4a format. If this is true, then QuickTime and iTunes 12.8.3 on High Sierra will play those Voice memo files. I recorded one on Big Sur and transferred it to my 2011 Mac mini running 10.13.6, and it played just fine in both applications.

Now, the trick is to get those Voice Memos from your iPhone onto macOS High Sierra.

Can't find Voice Memo app in app store on imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.