Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering lost items

Greetings all,

It seems that all of the manuals and such that I downloaded onto my phone have dissappeared from "Books." They were downloaded from various sites and may have disappeared when I upgraded to the 11 Pro from a 4s, but I can't be certain. They were NOT downloaded from the Apple bookstore or purchased, they were pdf's loaded directly to my phone over time. I backup regularly to my desktop so am wondering if there is a way to access an earlier backup to retrieve only those items.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/suggestions.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 10:52 AM

Hey Sljester,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

The only way to access an earlier backup is by restoring an iPhone from that backup. Due to the previous iPhone being an older one, the new iPhone 11 Pro will not be compatible with that backup and therefor cannot be accessed.

Best Wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 10:52 AM in response to sljester

Hey Sljester,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

The only way to access an earlier backup is by restoring an iPhone from that backup. Due to the previous iPhone being an older one, the new iPhone 11 Pro will not be compatible with that backup and therefor cannot be accessed.

Best Wishes.

Recovering lost items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.