Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When my phone is on do not disturb, can I receive a call from Apple about a fall when I am listed as the emergency contact?

My husband has me listed as his emergency contact on his phone. I have his phone number on emergency bypass since I have my phone on ‘do not disturb’ for most of the day. If he takes a fall and Apple decides to call his emergency contact (me), will I receive the call if my phone is on “do not disturb”? I do not have the outgoing apple phone number as a contact with bypass. Is the emergency protocol at Apple set up to call 5 times so that it will go through even if the phone on do not disturb? Any thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance!

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 7:32 PM

Apple doesn't call, the phone does. I believe emergency contacts receive a text message.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208076

2 replies

When my phone is on do not disturb, can I receive a call from Apple about a fall when I am listed as the emergency contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.