Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Screen With Apple Support

Hi,

I called into apple support sometime today to resolve an issue I have having with FaceTime. For the first time, I was asked to share my screen so the advisor could better help me. I was a bit apprehensive since there are a lot of scams revolving sharing screens but I looked online and it seemed ok since this is not out of the ordinary for apple. When I got the request on my iPad, I consented to sharing my screen and a little blue sharing screen icon popped up beside the WiFi icon on the top right. After the issue was resolved, I ended the call but forgot to ask how to unshare my screen as that icon was still there. Later I was able to unshare the screen by tapping on the icon and tapping the "unshare screen" option. I was still a little paranoid even though the icon was gone afterwards so I restarted my iPad just in case. This might be a stupid question but I was wondering if it is okay now since I tapped the unshare screen option and even restarted my iPad as I am just a little bit paranoid since I have a lot of personal details that I view on this iPad.

Thank you very much!

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 8:22 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Screen Sharing is automatically ended after the Apple Advisor ends the call. So, even though the sharing was over, you may have had to manually "end" it on your device for the sharing icon to disappear, even though it was already done.

So, you're fine.

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 8:22 PM in response to Kiruzol

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Screen Sharing is automatically ended after the Apple Advisor ends the call. So, even though the sharing was over, you may have had to manually "end" it on your device for the sharing icon to disappear, even though it was already done.

So, you're fine.

Jack

Sharing Screen With Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.