Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 16GB 512GB Restarting its Self

Sometimes MacBook restarting its Self.

This often happens when i use usb type-c hub (for external monitor) and charging mac at the same time. I'm charge mac via the type-c connector (not hub).

MacOS version: 11.5

Type-C Hub: Blueendless, Model HC701.

External monitor: DELL P4218D.

Also, i have a crash logs (panic-full file in DiagnosticReports dir).

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:42 AM

So this only happens when you use the hub?

It sounds to me the hub suffered a surge and is not working properly. Try replacing with a similar hub and see if the same issue persists, if it does, then the hub design itself is not made for the amount of current passing through it. Best to get a hub that supports 100W or more and the video port you need as a pass through.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 7:42 AM in response to FriMay

So this only happens when you use the hub?

It sounds to me the hub suffered a surge and is not working properly. Try replacing with a similar hub and see if the same issue persists, if it does, then the hub design itself is not made for the amount of current passing through it. Best to get a hub that supports 100W or more and the video port you need as a pass through.

MacBook Air M1 16GB 512GB Restarting its Self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.