Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP multi fonction pointer

Is there in open source app for scanning on a MP600 Canon

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 6:31 AM

11 replies

Aug 4, 2021 7:35 AM in response to wapizak

I have only tried VueScan many years ago, but I don't think that much has changed: you should be able to work in demo mode, to see if it works, but the software would put a watermark on the scans.

How is the scanner connected? If it has an option for USB, try that instead of wireless.

Does the scanner appear in System Information? (Hold down option key and choose System Information from the Apple menu; then click on USB)

Aug 4, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

As I mentioned it at the beginning of the tread, it's a muti function printer MP600 Canon.

I'm supposed to be able to scan with it, but Canon stopped supporting the drivers for it.

That's why I'm looking for an app or driver whatever that can help me out.

I've downloaded Gunterprint for the printing job, that works. I didn't have to unplug or do anything with the device, I just had to select the printer in the mac preference, and it worked.

But VueScan first of all took some time to open, but now just can't make it to screen an aperçu of what I want to scan?

So, is there an open-source driver or app scanning job?

Thanks anyway for your response.

MP multi fonction pointer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.