Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought an Apple Watch. I also have iphone. Now I'm not getting any notifications on my iphone. I get a message notification on watch but watch doesn't show me when I have mail.

I bought an Apple Watch but have an iphone. Now I'm not getting any notifications of messages or mail on my iphone. I would like to benotified on both. On the watch, it's not telling me if I have a new email but tells me when I have a message.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:51 AM

10 replies

Aug 11, 2021 7:40 AM in response to oldlady1029

I have the same issue and it's very frustrating. Many times I don't hear the watch notification and miss important calls and texts. fieryjack is simply copying/pasting Apple's info without offering any suggestions, and really not being very helpful regarding your question. "I gave you the correct answer" is a terrible way to communicate.

Hopefully this gets enough traction that Apple fixes this "feature" which is actually a developer preference rather than what the community of Apple users want and need.

Aug 17, 2021 3:32 PM in response to 13ltacp

13ltacp wrote:

I have the same issue and it's very frustrating. Many times I don't hear the watch notification and miss important calls and texts. fieryjack is simply copying/pasting Apple's info without offering any suggestions, and really not being very helpful regarding your question. "I gave you the correct answer" is a terrible way to communicate.

Hopefully this gets enough traction that Apple fixes this "feature" which is actually a developer preference rather than what the community of Apple users want and need.

To "Get Traction" you need to give Apple Feedback, either via the Feedback link above or the Get Support link above.

We are just volunteers and have zero input to Apple's decisions, and these forums are not monitored by Apple decision makers.

I just bought an Apple Watch. I also have iphone. Now I'm not getting any notifications on my iphone. I get a message notification on watch but watch doesn't show me when I have mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.