Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can replace my device?

I feel like my iPhone camera is not working properly, the telephoto camera doesn't work at times a 2x. Plus my battery health dropped to 93% in 8 months. It just feels like there is something wrong with the phone.

Device iPhone 12Pro Japan model.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:45 AM

Hello:) I would suggest below if you feel there is a problem with your iphone:

1. To start, you'll need to have the free Apple Store app installed on your iPhone or iPod touch. Download the Apple Store App here (link opens iTunes/App Store).
  2. Once you've got it installed, open the app. You will be asked to grant a number of permissions, including for notifications and for the app to use your location. Grant permission to use your location and decide on the others as you prefer.
  3. Tap the Stores menu at the bottom of the app.
  4. Next, tap the Genius Bar menu.
  5. On the next screen, tap Make a Reservation.

Make a reservation at nearest Genius Bar.

~Katana-San~

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 7:45 AM in response to abhimanyu_rajeesh

Hello:) I would suggest below if you feel there is a problem with your iphone:

1. To start, you'll need to have the free Apple Store app installed on your iPhone or iPod touch. Download the Apple Store App here (link opens iTunes/App Store).
  2. Once you've got it installed, open the app. You will be asked to grant a number of permissions, including for notifications and for the app to use your location. Grant permission to use your location and decide on the others as you prefer.
  3. Tap the Stores menu at the bottom of the app.
  4. Next, tap the Genius Bar menu.
  5. On the next screen, tap Make a Reservation.

Make a reservation at nearest Genius Bar.

~Katana-San~

Aug 4, 2021 7:43 AM in response to abhimanyu_rajeesh

You’d need to take it to Apple or an Apple authorized service provider in Japan. Replacement under warranty has to be done in the country of original purchase. Since Japanese models have specific hardware configurations (e.g. the photo shutter sound cannot be disabled or silenced on Japanese phones) other countries will not have the replacement model in stock.

Aug 4, 2021 7:46 AM in response to abhimanyu_rajeesh

You had 14 days for the purchase date to return this iPhone for either a full refund or a replacement. After that the Apple limited warranty would take into effect ... or AppleCare+ plan if you elected to get that as well. Regardless, these only cover manufacturing defects. If that is what you are thinking this is (note that the battery "issue" you bring up will not be considered because it does not meet Apple's criteria for a battery replacement) an Apple technician will still have to examine this phone and concur. Otherwise, your only options are to keep the phone or sell it and buy another one at your cost.

Can replace my device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.