Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Tag set up

Can I set up my Air Tags so that my wife and I both see them on our individual iPhones? We have separate Apple Id's.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 7:19 AM

Hello, 44skip!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you would like to know if you are able to share an AirTag with your wife who is using a different Apple ID.

Your AirTag is registered to your Apple ID. This means you would not be able to use it with your Apple ID and her Apple ID simultaneously. Since she has an iPhone, you can utilize location sharing with using family sharing:

You can learn more about AirTag below.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 7:19 AM in response to 44skip

Hello, 44skip!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you would like to know if you are able to share an AirTag with your wife who is using a different Apple ID.

Your AirTag is registered to your Apple ID. This means you would not be able to use it with your Apple ID and her Apple ID simultaneously. Since she has an iPhone, you can utilize location sharing with using family sharing:

You can learn more about AirTag below.

Cheers!

Air Tag set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.