Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro boot up issue

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro. When I power it up the boot up screen shows progress bar and it loads but stays on that screen until the screen display turns black. It just won’t get past the boot up screen. I do not have the original start-up disc. How do I get passed this issue? I have tried holding down different keys and buttons upon start up and still have the same issue

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 11:45 AM

I suggest starting with this support article: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

At the point in the boot up process where you see the progress bar, your Mac is trying to load device drivers (aka, kernel extensions).

Two things to try:

1. Remove any peripherals that you may have attached to your notebook.
  2. Boot up in Safe Mode. Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 11:45 AM in response to MacBookprobootup

I suggest starting with this support article: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

At the point in the boot up process where you see the progress bar, your Mac is trying to load device drivers (aka, kernel extensions).

Two things to try:

1. Remove any peripherals that you may have attached to your notebook.
  2. Boot up in Safe Mode. Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Pro boot up issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.