Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email export to .pdf on mac

I'm exporting ~4,000 emails to .pdf on a MacBook Pro. I started the process last night and a modal appears on my laptop screen--more than 16 hours later--that reads "Generating content for PDF. . ."

First, how long should this process take--how can I tell if there's a hang up or it's still running?

Second, when I checked the folder where I directed the exported files to be saved, it appears that there are substantially fewer than 4,000 saved .pdf files, which is making me wonder if there's a limit on the number of emails that can be saved via this process?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:11 AM

stephenfromuniversity heights wrote:

I'm exporting ~4,000 emails to .pdf on a MacBook Pro. I started the process last night and a modal appears on my laptop screen--more than 16 hours later--that reads "Generating content for PDF. . ."

First, how long should this process take--how can I tell if there's a hang up or it's still running?

Second, when I checked the folder where I directed the exported files to be saved, it appears that there are substantially fewer than 4,000 saved .pdf files, which is making me wonder if there's a limit on the number of emails that can be saved via this process?

I would recommend breaking this up into much smaller batches and see how that goes.

Save emails as files or PDFs in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 8:11 AM in response to stephenfromuniversity heights

stephenfromuniversity heights wrote:

I would recommend breaking this up into much smaller batches and see how that goes.

Save emails as files or PDFs in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

email export to .pdf on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.