Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipados 14.7.1 ipad not charging

ipad gen 6. it happened 3 days ago that my ipad is not charging on my 30w usb-c power adapter also 20w usb-c power adapter even now but when i use the old 15w apple charger its working. does anyone know how to fix this? all of my other apple phones and mini ipad are perfectly working on the bigger power adapter

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 1:56 PM

16 replies

Aug 5, 2021 8:05 AM in response to romelfromtoronto

Hello romelfromtoronto,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to charge your iPad with specific chargers that work with other Apple devices. To help with this, please see if any steps in this Apple resource help with your situation and then contact Apple directly if you need any further assistance.

If your iPad won't charge

Get Support 

Cheers!

Aug 5, 2021 2:07 PM in response to romelfromtoronto

I have the same problem on my iPad Pro 3rd generation, and it happened since last update. I have tried all different cables and adapters, but they are not working. I also took the iPad to apple support, they used a brush to clean and it worked. However, still not charging after I brought it back. (I have tried the same cable in the store, and it worked)

Aug 25, 2021 8:16 AM in response to romelfromtoronto

Same issue. After updating to 14.7.1, I cannot get the iPad Pro to charge with the 30W usb c charger or the charger the iPad Pro came with. I can only charge it with the regular iPhone charger, computer usb or a car regular usb. The bigger chargers no longer work after the update. I did hard restart it many times and was able to get the chargers to work a few times, but now nothing, regardless of trying everything. This has to be an issue with the 14.7.1 update. Edit: I have an iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Generation

Sep 3, 2021 6:18 AM in response to romelfromtoronto

Have any of you tried.

For older iPad models with a Home button, do a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer, larger screen iPad models, without a Home button, try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros and the 2020 iPad Air 4 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to All!

Sep 6, 2021 2:29 AM in response to MichelPM

I did. Then it just flashed the "Plug iPad" logo (Red battery + charging line) twice.

Since then, my iPad's battery went totally empty which means the device is completely mute now.

I sent it for a fine diagnose to an authorized service provider who had exactly the same answer as Apple:

"Motherboard is dead. In this situation Apple require device replacement. No repair"

It's a 4 y.o. device. I just use it for a few hours every weeks. It suddenly dies and the only thing I'm supposed to do is to find 600 cash when it happens. And the Genius answer was just "Computers are just a matter of luck you know".

Sep 6, 2021 7:48 AM in response to Katsubig

I understand your frustrations and being upset, but the Genius’ answer is a valid one.

Tablets and smartphones are highly mobile computers/computing devices.

Computers CAN and DO fail at ANY time for ANY reasons.

It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN!

Nothing we humans design and build is perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

Stuff we humans design and make can have flaws and fail in some fashion.

Computers and computing devices are no exception

ipados 14.7.1 ipad not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.