Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have turned on iCloud photos to transfer my photos and media from my iPhone to my iCloud account. However, the photos are still on my phone. What can I do to save space on my iPhone?

I have turned on iCloud photos to transfer my photos and media from my iPhone to my iCloud account. However, the photos are still on my phone. What can I do to save space on my iPhone?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:20 PM

Your photos will remain on your phone as long as you keep it in sync (if you delete phots, they will also delete from the cloud and any connected devices). But, you can choose to optimize photos, which will free space. Go to Settings > Photos and select optimize iPhone storage

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.