Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging my iphone through ipad , Is it bad for your ipad battery

I am currently charging my phone xs max trough my ipad pro 2020 and i am wondering if it can affect your ipad’s pro battery life span or capacity. I also noticed that my phone is charging at a fast rate trough my ipad

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:16 PM

The more you use your device's battery the faster it will wear down. They can only accept a finite number of charges so if you are essentially "wasting" one just for charging your iPhone I would not expect it to last as long for actual iPad working hours vs. one not used for this purpose.

To learn about 'Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan', click here --> http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

I would think getting one of those batteries designed for charging mobile devices would be a cheaper solution that unnecessarily wearing out your iPad battery which is likely to be expensive to replace.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 8:16 PM in response to Dan0701

The more you use your device's battery the faster it will wear down. They can only accept a finite number of charges so if you are essentially "wasting" one just for charging your iPhone I would not expect it to last as long for actual iPad working hours vs. one not used for this purpose.

To learn about 'Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan', click here --> http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

I would think getting one of those batteries designed for charging mobile devices would be a cheaper solution that unnecessarily wearing out your iPad battery which is likely to be expensive to replace.

Charging my iphone through ipad , Is it bad for your ipad battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.