Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore or repair MacBook Air

My MacBook Air is not working. Tried all the steps which I found online on such issues. I’m stuck and cannot restore nor repair. No disk for installation. Disk Utility too doesn’t work. Would anyone have any solution?

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:09 PM

Chinooki Said:

"Restore or repair MacBook Air: My MacBook Air is not working. Tried all the steps which I found online on such issues. I’m stuck and cannot restore nor repair. No disk for installation. Disk Utility too doesn’t work. Would anyone have any solution?"

-------

Use Mount/Unmount:

How is Disk Utility not working? If you are able to get into Disk Utility, then select the disk and then click Mount on the top-right of the Disk Utility window. If it is already mounted, then click Unmount, and then click Mount. See if you can then do so.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 9:09 PM in response to Chinooki

Chinooki Said:

"Restore or repair MacBook Air: My MacBook Air is not working. Tried all the steps which I found online on such issues. I’m stuck and cannot restore nor repair. No disk for installation. Disk Utility too doesn’t work. Would anyone have any solution?"

-------

Use Mount/Unmount:

How is Disk Utility not working? If you are able to get into Disk Utility, then select the disk and then click Mount on the top-right of the Disk Utility window. If it is already mounted, then click Unmount, and then click Mount. See if you can then do so.

Aug 6, 2021 12:20 PM in response to Chinooki

Hi Chinooki,

Thanks for posting the screenshots!

Please complete these steps to describe your disk layout. Once done, I can help with what to do next.

1. Start up in macOS Recovery (as you have done).
  2. You should now see the first screenshot.
  3. At the top of the screen, select Utilities -> Terminal.
  4. Type this command and hit Enter (Return): diskutil list
  5. Select (highlight) all of the output, and press Command-C to copy it.
  6. Quit Terminal and open Safari.
  7. Navigate to this discussion and post the results here. You can paste the results by pressing Command-V.

Restore or repair MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.