Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching from Parallels 16 to Bootcamp?

Currently running Parallels 16 and Windows 10 on my iMac. Horribly deficient for Graphics apps as they cannot use the GPU or access OpenCL 3 or later. Support has no answers. So I need to dump Parallels and move to Bootcamp which does not have these issues. Is there any way to Migrate Windows 10 and the apps from Parallels to Bootcamp in Big Sur 11.5.1? Would the Migration Assistant work for the importation?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:50 AM

johnbear1952 wrote:

Is there any way to Migrate Windows 10 and the apps from Parallels to Bootcamp in Big Sur 11.5.1?

Apple does not officially support such migrations. However, you can use a commercial third-party tool like Winclone. The other option is to re-install Windows via Bootcamp and re-install all your application software.

Would the Migration Assistant work for the importation?

No. Take a look at the section What data can I transfer? in Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support and the specific information that can be transferred.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 2:50 AM in response to johnbear1952

johnbear1952 wrote:

Is there any way to Migrate Windows 10 and the apps from Parallels to Bootcamp in Big Sur 11.5.1?

Apple does not officially support such migrations. However, you can use a commercial third-party tool like Winclone. The other option is to re-install Windows via Bootcamp and re-install all your application software.

Would the Migration Assistant work for the importation?

No. Take a look at the section What data can I transfer? in Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support and the specific information that can be transferred.

Switching from Parallels 16 to Bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.