You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows 10 not syncing; stuck on "Initializing..."

I have been struggling with this problem for months after building my first PC. I tried everything recommended on forums and tech articles--I must have sunk 200 hours into this problem. I eventually gave up and used Box as an intermediary between my iOS devices and my PC.

BUT TONIGHT I FIXED IT.

Turns out, iCloud syncing worked correctly when I made a new account on my PC but I did not sign into a Microsoft account. Windows prompted me to sign in a dozen times, but I declined every time. And when I downloaded iCloud for Windows, it worked!

So, I'm writing this post to helps others like me out there because I haven't seen this solution posted anywhere.

If iCloud refuses to sync on Windows 10, try logging out of your Microsoft account.

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 12:04 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud for Windows 10 not syncing; stuck on "Initializing..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.