Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music Library Won't Update

I am trying to update my Cloud Music Library, but the system is permanently stuck on "matching your music with songs in the iTunes store." In the past it matched fine, but now it won't proceed.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 9:46 AM

I've had this same problem now for about two weeks. I can see the tracks on my iPhone, but they are greyed out. Every once in a great while, a couple of the songs become available after trying to update the library several times, but it used to take minutes at most to get everything updated and available to play on all my devices. I tried all the suggestions, and when I go into Safe Mode, it doesn't even seem to try to update anything. At least I don't see the message in the bottom left corner that says "Updating Cloud Music Library". Any other suggestions?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 9:46 AM in response to turingtest2

I've had this same problem now for about two weeks. I can see the tracks on my iPhone, but they are greyed out. Every once in a great while, a couple of the songs become available after trying to update the library several times, but it used to take minutes at most to get everything updated and available to play on all my devices. I tried all the suggestions, and when I go into Safe Mode, it doesn't even seem to try to update anything. At least I don't see the message in the bottom left corner that says "Updating Cloud Music Library". Any other suggestions?

Aug 8, 2021 1:20 AM in response to Mass Hysteria

Same problem with me in UK. Main issue seemed to be with new CD's I have added to library that showed but couldn't be found. Had the endless cloud music updating issue and greyed out tracks across my devices - for days and days. Then yesterday when I came home and checked again the new tracks were in my desktop Music/iTunes Match, and played ok. Still greyed out on devices though. I contacted Apple Support on Friday and was upscaled to a dedicated support guy. As library was stuck in updating he couldn't do much. Hopefully will be back in contact with him soon.

Cloud Music Library Won't Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.