Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"other" in storage is huge and growing too fast

Hello! My Macbook Pro 2012 showed me that there is no free space on the disc, I checked the storage - there was "Other" more than 63 Gb. I deleted plenty of files, but all that space immediately went to "Other" that in the end turned to become 131 Gb. I searched in Libraries but could not find anything that huge.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 10:34 AM

See used and available storage space on your Mac

Final word on Managing " Other " Category from Apple

• OtherContains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 10:34 AM in response to crazycuri

See used and available storage space on your Mac

Final word on Managing " Other " Category from Apple

• OtherContains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

"other" in storage is huge and growing too fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.