Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Casting/Mirroring wirelessly to two tv screens at once

How can I wirelessly mirror or cast a display from a MacBook onto TWO tv screens at once? Thank you?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 5:41 PM

Ok, thanks for the additional information. You may want to seek a consultant in your area that may be able to provide you with more options on how to go about this.

What I can share at this time, other than what I have provided you so far, is that external displays/monitors/HDTV are not typically AirPlay-Ready. You have to shop around to find ones that meet your classroom goals. Alternatively, any non-AirPlay-Ready display can be make AirPlay-Ready, by adding an Apple TV to the mix. In this latter case, you would mirror from your notebook to the Apple TV. In turn, the Apple TV would be connected to the display with an HDMI cable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 5:41 PM in response to ceaton24

Ok, thanks for the additional information. You may want to seek a consultant in your area that may be able to provide you with more options on how to go about this.

What I can share at this time, other than what I have provided you so far, is that external displays/monitors/HDTV are not typically AirPlay-Ready. You have to shop around to find ones that meet your classroom goals. Alternatively, any non-AirPlay-Ready display can be make AirPlay-Ready, by adding an Apple TV to the mix. In this latter case, you would mirror from your notebook to the Apple TV. In turn, the Apple TV would be connected to the display with an HDMI cable.

Aug 5, 2021 12:14 PM in response to ceaton24

AFAIK, you cannot mirror your notebook's screen to more than one device as mirroring relies on an AirPlay connection between your notebook and the external display device. Also, that external device must be either AirPlay-ready or connected to an Apple TV.

Is your goal to overcome the MacBook's limit of only supporting a single (directly connected) external display?

Also, do you have a MacBook or MacBook Air? ... the latter is what your tagline is indicating.

Aug 5, 2021 4:23 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks, Tesserax! I'll explain more fully. This is for a classroom where there will be in-person and online participants (Zoom). We're looking for the easiest way to cast or mirror the computer screen, showing the online students, on up to two large tv screens that will be mounted on the wall. It's possible we will only use one screen but want to be prepared, if possible, for two.

It sounds like (maybe) two devices aren't possible, but that one is with an AirPlay-ready screen/TV?

We haven't purchased any hardware yet, so we are open to whatever configuration of apple products that will make this work.

Casting/Mirroring wirelessly to two tv screens at once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.