Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date and time working wrong on iMac 2019

When turning on my iMac every morning, date and time are wrong-sometimes showing 1:00 Fri 01, sometimes date and time from the day before.

Conecting to the internet updates time and date correctly, but I'm worried if there's a hardware issue as the computer does not remember the real time and date after some hours switched off. I've tried a lot of possible solutions- changing location, deleting Localtime file on etc folder, calling Apple customer help...but nothing really works.

Any help or suggestion will be very appreciated!

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:44 PM

SOLVED (so far):

After deleting the file “local time” in /private/etc, I switched off the Time Zone in Preferences “Set date and time automatically with your location” (something like that…) and now my computer shows the right time and date with no internet connection when switching on every morning.

Hope this helps if anyone experience the same.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 12:44 PM in response to ramon762

SOLVED (so far):

After deleting the file “local time” in /private/etc, I switched off the Time Zone in Preferences “Set date and time automatically with your location” (something like that…) and now my computer shows the right time and date with no internet connection when switching on every morning.

Hope this helps if anyone experience the same.

Date and time working wrong on iMac 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.