Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error - Setting up Google gmail account on iphone12 pro

I’ve been trying to add my gmail, but continue to get an error message “not connected to the internet.”

1. This first happened when I clicked the Google icon in the add accounts (calendar or mail) section of Settings
  2. After switching WiFi, turning off VPN, ensuring that Google Drive and Chrome were online and logged in, I was able to get to the next step of entering email address and then password. After entering password, the request would start processing, then time out and return me to the account menu and post the same error over the Google logo.
  3. I have been connected to the internet the entire time, either by cell or wifi
  4. i just switched cell providers and upgraded phone. I have the latest iOS patch
  5. my other accounts work fine, including a business gmail account.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Apparently there was an issue with my WiFi that was interfering with the login, even though I was connected to the internet via cell and even tho other apps were working online.

Once I resolved the WiFi, the process worked. (Similar to a 2019 OP response for the same problem.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 4:00 PM in response to Maaz18

Apparently there was an issue with my WiFi that was interfering with the login, even though I was connected to the internet via cell and even tho other apps were working online.

Once I resolved the WiFi, the process worked. (Similar to a 2019 OP response for the same problem.)

Error - Setting up Google gmail account on iphone12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.