Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working when not on wifi

Since upgrading to IOS 14 (I think), Siri will only work when connected to wifi on my iPhone XR. I've tried several fixes from online, and nothing seems to work. Phone is definitely connected to my carrier's network and other apps etc. work fine when not connected to wifi. Keep getting the same message "Siri not available. Your phone is not connected to the internet." I use Siri most when driving and connected to Apple CarPlay, but won't work anywhere when not connected to wifi. Suggestions?? Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 4:32 PM

6 replies

Aug 5, 2021 5:20 PM in response to Steven_B-27

That's not quite accurate. Siri works with Wifi and with Cellular data in the absence of Wifi. But the phone has to be connected to a cellular network if Wifi is not available. What you are referring to in the upcoming iOS (which BTW, you are violating Apple's policy to discuss here) is intended for Siri to be able to handle more commands in the absence of Wifi or Cellular data. It's not what the OP is referring to.

I just tested to make sure Siri works on Cellular Data and indeed Siri did and does.

Siri not working when not on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.