Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User’s login picture changing doesn't work.

Hi,

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro. I wanted to change my user’s login picture, but it crashed really bad. After a few tries it worked, but that was with a lot of effort, I had to restart my Macbook and force quit ''System Preferences''. Now I have the problem that I can't change it at all and it keeps getting stuck when I want to change the picture (see photo), restarting my Macbook doesn't work either.

How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 6:52 AM

Thank you very much, but I already know what the problem is. I'm a beginner with Apple, apparently you have to use a PNG instead of a JPG. Because I used a JPG it crashed completely, but after using a PNG I had no problem. :)

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 6, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Barney-15E

I tried changing it in safe mode but that didn't work either. I restarted my Macbook and tried it with a JPG and then it worked? It's really weird, I think sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I wouldn't know what it is, I haven't even owned my Macbook for a week. So it's not old or something.

User’s login picture changing doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.