Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how often should my keyboard need to be charged

Brand new iMac 24-inch, M1 2021, why do I have to charge my keyboard so often?

What is normal?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 1:53 PM

Your Bluetooth panel should show the percentage of charge. Usually. When the keyboard drops below 10% charge you will get a notification. You should be able to leave the USB-C to Lightning cable that came with the keyboard plugged and charging your keyboard while you are using it and the Bluetooth charging indicator will show the charge level increase.

I have a full-sized Magic Keyboard with a numeric keypad. I usually charge it about once every three weeks, and I am on that M1 Mac mini 12 hours a day, almost every day including weekends. This is a larger keyboard than what I believe ships with the new iMac, and consequently may have a larger battery.

Use your 90-day free phone support to contact Apple support and ask them about the charge cycle on your keyboard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 1:53 PM in response to pkBrooklyn

Your Bluetooth panel should show the percentage of charge. Usually. When the keyboard drops below 10% charge you will get a notification. You should be able to leave the USB-C to Lightning cable that came with the keyboard plugged and charging your keyboard while you are using it and the Bluetooth charging indicator will show the charge level increase.

I have a full-sized Magic Keyboard with a numeric keypad. I usually charge it about once every three weeks, and I am on that M1 Mac mini 12 hours a day, almost every day including weekends. This is a larger keyboard than what I believe ships with the new iMac, and consequently may have a larger battery.

Use your 90-day free phone support to contact Apple support and ask them about the charge cycle on your keyboard.

how often should my keyboard need to be charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.