Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do i see “sunrise/sunset” on my Apple Watch face, but not the actual “times” for the sunrise & sunset?

ive searched a lot on this & found that “sunrise/sunset” appears to be a complication setting on my watch through the “world clock”

if it showed the actual “times” well, that’d be different.

I tried deleting “world clock” from watch but is not possible…I was hoping if I could delete world clock I could get rid of “sunrise/sunset” from my watch face.

I’d just prefer to have it show :

Day/Date

Time

Any solution or suggestions would be appreciated. I’m using series 4 watch, w/ up-to-date iOS. Also using “photos” as my current watch face - don’t kno if that matters.

TIA!

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 1:37 PM

According to the 'Photos" section in:

Apple Watch faces and their features - Apple Support

World Clock is available as a complication with that watch face. Although I don't us the Photos watch face, I foo use the World Clock complication. When I tap on that complication, I get a picture off the day/night boundaries for the earth and the the actual sunrise./sunset times below for the current timezone.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for, but you should be able to use any of the watch faces in the above link WITHOUT the World Clock complication.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 1:37 PM in response to --CrazyJaney--

According to the 'Photos" section in:

Apple Watch faces and their features - Apple Support

World Clock is available as a complication with that watch face. Although I don't us the Photos watch face, I foo use the World Clock complication. When I tap on that complication, I get a picture off the day/night boundaries for the earth and the the actual sunrise./sunset times below for the current timezone.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for, but you should be able to use any of the watch faces in the above link WITHOUT the World Clock complication.

Aug 6, 2021 4:23 PM in response to javaliga

Javaliga,

Thank you ~ you’re so kind!

As soon as I hit submit, I figured it out🤦🏼‍♀️

Because I typically leave “privacy/location services” set to “off” I was seeing “sunrise/sunset” on my watch face.

It needs a “location” in order for there to be a sunrise or sunset “time” & to be displayed.

I was getting annoyed seeing “sunrise/sunset” on my watch face all day, every day & wanted to get rid of it! I set out to do that 2day lol.

Took some time but I got it now. I changed it to weather to simplify things…as well as leave the privacy setting off when not needed.

It’s just one of those things … that doesn’t need to be (sorry, can’t resist) as “complicated” as it is! Thanks again, hope ya have a good weekend! 😁

Why do i see “sunrise/sunset” on my Apple Watch face, but not the actual “times” for the sunrise & sunset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.