You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch6 tendonitis

After wearing my iwatch6 with the athletic Velcro band most of the time day and night for many months my left wrist and hand developed severe tendonitis. This made no sense to me as I am right handed and have not strained my left wrist with any activity. I looked up iWatch issues on Google and found many posts about the iWatch causing this. Some related to the band location and some to the underside of the watches infra-red diagnostics ability. I am wearing the watch where I am supposed to above the wrist rather than on it. I really enjoyed the watch especially the modes for swimming and outdoor cycling. I took off the watch and now two weeks later the symptoms have improved dramatically. It seems there is an issue with whatever the bottom of the watch generates to get the diagnostics. I called Apple about this. After an hour being bounced around I got to a "safety person". They asked me questions and had me submit eight photos of my left wrist wearing the watch and not wearing the watch. They promised to get back to me the next day. Three days later and radio silence. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 4:56 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 6, 2021 5:18 PM in response to Nappian2021

I have heard about skin rashes and allergies, but this is first I heard about tendonitis. See the 'skin sensitivities' section in:

Important safety information for Apple Watch - Apple Support

I don't work for Apple. I'm just a user like yourself. I'm sure Apple is very sensitive to potential law suits, etc. so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't hear back from them. Or if you do, it may not be very helpful to you. You might also be interested in the 'How Apple Watch measures your heart rate' section of:

Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch - Apple Support

iWatch6 tendonitis

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.