Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word for IMac spellchecker stoped working after I updated operating system?

How do you make the dropdown menu of Office Word for Mac read check spelling again?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 11:06 AM

Hello Rogerbigten4,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about the spell check in Word not working, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

While the following resource is for if an app freezes or quits, it still provides some relevant troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If none of these steps help, reach out to Microsoft to see if they are aware of this issue an how to best proceed. This article can help with this process:

How to contact an app developer

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 11:06 AM in response to Rogerbigten4

Hello Rogerbigten4,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about the spell check in Word not working, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

While the following resource is for if an app freezes or quits, it still provides some relevant troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

If none of these steps help, reach out to Microsoft to see if they are aware of this issue an how to best proceed. This article can help with this process:

How to contact an app developer

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Aug 8, 2021 1:06 PM in response to c_luc9

Hey c_luc9

Thanks for the reply I tried your links but am still unable to correct the problem, trying to get ahold of support is almost impossible, but I accidentally clicked on the little man icon on my word document page found in the far right upper corner that has smilie face's for direct help for the Microsoft Office app. So I complained to them and they my even reply to your app query.

Regards

Rogerbigten4

Word for IMac spellchecker stoped working after I updated operating system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.